Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Eye on the Sparrow

Earlier this evening my kids found a baby sparrow in distress. Somehow its mom left it behind and there it was in the grass alone, hungry and frightened. My kiddos and I rescued the little guy, built him a little home and we're feeding him about every hour. He or should I say SHE is finally quiet from chirping now. My second oldest daughter named the thing Carmen as if she lifted the bird's skirt tail to determine its gender. Nonetheless, little Carmen has had some mush, a little water and her first poop. So hopefully she'll sleep now and allow me to get some sleep as well.

Of course my 3 little ones will be Carmen's guardians during the day but lucky me, I get to play nurse maid by night as my little sparrows get their sleep. Tomorrow, my twin daughter will feed little Carmen mushed cat food through an eye dropper. She is so excited that she gets to care for this tiny animal, she can hardly contain herself. :-) This part of parenting is what I call..."cute."

Well I'm off to bed with prayers of seeing yet another beautiful day tomorrow. Wishing everyone a Blessed evening.

Good Night

LenaLashelle

No comments:

Post a Comment